Sunday, March 23, 2008

My First Time in Sepang

Sepang International Circuit (SIC) celebrated its 10th birthday today in hosting the Formula 1 Grand Prix. However, believe it or not, this was my first time coming to this circuit and what made it more special was that it is also my lil' brother's 14th birthday(he forced me to get tickets for the race as a birhtday gift..sigh) and I have to tell you the truth, it was worth every penny coming here. It's a whole new experience for me and one I would cherish for a lifetime. We went there as early as 9.00a.m and was able to catch the 1st event of the day which was the Speedcar Series. Being it our 1st time there, the sound of the cars engines forced us to get ear plugs (it was loud), little did we know the sound of an F1 engine later that afternoon was way louder and you could feel vibrations on the ground and chairs. Being an F1 fan and watching those cars pass by you at more than 200km/h is a very exciting feeling and a dream come true for me. What made it even better was that RAIKKONEN WON! I can't wait for next year..I won't mind if its a night race or day race, I WILL BE HERE IN SEPANG!

Check out the sound when these racers were doing a flying lap:

Flying Lap

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks very exciting.too bad i couldn't come this year (had to work maa). However, i will definitely try to come next year. GO BMW PETRONAS!